Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Love to Kansas City Rescue Mission

Thanks to my neighbors and friends who answered my pleas for homemade baked goods, the men at Kansas City Rescue Mission will have some tasty pies, quick breads, and muffins tomorrow to munch on; a little pre-Thanksgiving treat.



They will also have 15 loaves of Hostess bread, and 20 packages of Hostess cookies. Thank you Hostess for having a fire sale on your Bakery Outlet stores, and allowing the prices to be unbeatable. I feel blessed to be able to buy these items and give to those in need.

Do you want to be part of a large baked good drive I'll be hosting mid-December? While making your holiday goodies, why not make an extra batch and set it aside for the men at Kansas City Rescue Mission. I'll post more details as the time gets closer, but please plan on helping. A loaf of banana bread to us is small, but it is a huge ray of hope to those in desperate need.

No comments:

Post a Comment