Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pray for Boston


#PrayforBoston

That hashtag is trending on twitter right now. After the bombings at the marathon yesterday, a mournful nation is reaching out to try and heal the wounds, and one of those ways is by committing 26.2 acts of kindness (#26acts2). I committed one this morning by buying the coffee of a stranger behind me at the Starbucks drive-thru line. I'm committing another by taking athletic shoes, socks, and school supplies to the poverty-stricken people in Jamaica. Can you help me?

I'm still looking for used, in-good-shape adult athletic shoes in either sex, brand new adult socks, and school supplies to take down to Jamaica in July. My family and I will be giving the shoes and socks out to the hotel works where we stay. (2 pairs of brand new socks for each pair of shoes.) We've also adopted a school (Servite Primary) in a local village, and once again, we hope to be able to shower the school with much needed supplies like crayons, pencils & pens, and books for their school library.

If you're in the Kansas City area, I can try to meet you someplace to collect a donation. If you're not, you can mail donations to me, or use the GoFundMe site I've set up in order to make long-distance donating easier. On our last trip we gave out 61 pairs of shoes. Help me make it 75 on this trip.

Share your shoes, share your love, share your world. 

If you'd like to donate to Soleful Suitcases and our upcoming trip in July 2013, there are several ways to help. You can donate your in-good-shape, still life left, adult athletic shoes. You can donate brand new adult socks. School supplies are always welcome. Shop on Amazon via the link on the right hand size so we get credit to help pay for baggage fees. Or donate to our GoFundMe site at www.gofundme.com/solefulsuitcases
www.facebook.com/solefulsuitcases   twitter @RunningWithHart
Melissa Hart  119 N. Parker St. #143 Olathe, KS 66061

No comments:

Post a Comment